|Minimum SDK Level:||Gingerbread (10 | 2.3.3 - 2.3.4)|
Highly flexible Android Camera which offers granular control over the video quality and filesize, while restricting recordings to be landscape only.
There are a number of issues with the default Android intent to capture videos (
MediaStore.ACTION_VIDEO_CAPTURE) which led me to create this library project:
- The default intent only accepts integer quality parameters of 0 (MMS quality) or 1 (highest available quality), using the intent extra
- The default intent does not return the URI of the recorded file if it was specified when launching the intent.
- The default intent doesn't care wheter users capture their video in portait mode or landscape.
This library provides a full and reusable custom camera, which:
- Forces the users to rotate their device to landscape
- Allows to specify the filename, or have the library generate one for you
- Allows very granular control over the capture settings:
- Max filesize
- Max video duration
- audio/video codec
No related library.